Suíomhanna Úsáideacha / Useful Websites
Suíomhanna Ginearálta / General websites
– teacher-created resources providing entire schemes of work, lesson planning and assessments right through to online educational games and much more.
- Enter your e-mail address and create password.
- Enter the Offer Code: IRLTWINKLHELPS
www.khanacademy.org – offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more.
- For English activities check out Starlight & New Treasury
- For Irish have a look at Abair Liom
- For Maths we have Planet Maths
- For phonics see Sounds Make Words
- For handwriting take a look at Ready, Steady, Write
Follow the steps below to get access:
- Go to FolensOnline.ie and click register
- Select Teacher
- Fill in a username, email and password
- For Roll Number use the code:
- Prim20 for primary book resources
www.cjfallon.ie -online resources, ebooks.
www.topmarks.co.uk -gives children the opportunity to learn online, through safe, fun and engaging games and activities.
https://fiveaday.primarygames.com/ a daily list of free online learning activities and games from primarygames.com
WebPix Kids Poems
Number Pieces Basic
- https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/ English with David Walliams
- https://www.storylineonline.net/ – children’s literacy website, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- themathsfactor.com Maths with Carol Vorderman
- www.mathplayground.com – a wide variety of math topics, from problem solving and mathematical art to real world math and thinking games.
- Dréimire https://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/microsites/dreimire/index.asp is a great literacy resource for children in the junior classrooms.
- Cúla a 4 _ TG4 is a great resource and has lots of programmes for children trí ghaeilge
- https://www.scoilnet.ie/index.php?id=944 Scoilnet is the Department of Education and Skills official portal for Irish education – includes websites, quizzes, lesson plans, notes, video/audio, games and other multimedia.
- https://padlet.com/maire8/iv5c9jic9h6i – Podcasts of childrens stories as Gaeilge via Soundcloud
- https://www.cogg.ie/wp-content/uploads/18.Coin%C3%ADn-na-C%C3%A1sca-asal.pdf -Coinín na Casca : a short comprehension and task exercise as Gaeilge based on the Easter Bunny.
- https://seideansi.ie/ – scheme as Gaeilge based on the Irish curriculum approach of developing the four essential skills: éisteacht, labhairt, léitheoireacht agus scríbhneoireacht. Includes resources and interactive exercises.
Corpoideachais / P.E.
- https://twitter.com/diversedancemix/status/12410982664373592065 Dance with Darcey Bussel
- https://youtu.be/6v-a_dpwhro PE with Joe Wicks
- www.gonoodle.com -movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts
- https://tv.historyhit.com/signup/package History with Dan Snow ( free for 30 days)
- https://www.instagram.com/theocooks Home Economics with Theo Michaels (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- https://www.jamieoliver.com/features/category/get-kids-cooking/ Cooking with Jamie Oliver
- https://cosmicshambles.com/stayathome/upcoming-schedule Science with Professor Brian Cox, Robin Ince & Guests
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQh2wgJ5tOrixYBn6jFXsXQ Music with Myleene Klass